Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Speaking of Lotus comms... just got this email. Which, to be fair... I don't know how else I'd expect Lotus to handle the early feedback... but the spin they are spinning is the reviews are in... and they are GREAT! :rolleyes: I mean, all the quotes are from the reviews. There HAVE been positive things said. But it certainly passively suggests that whatever negatives have been mentioned are not likely things that Lotus are taking as feedback to be addressed. Honestly the only one I'm concerned with is shifter feel. Coming from a 991.2 911 GTS 7-speed manual, I've heard a lot about what a bad gear box it was, but had no real issues with it. Felt it worked better than the 6 speed in my Aston Vantage S. My intent is not to be tracking the car at 9/10's for most of its life, but if its getting bogged down in normal shifting situations at 5000 RPM, that would be a problem :unsure:

View attachment 6364
Evo “so frustrating… ahhh… so frustrating “

😆

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Speaking of Lotus comms... just got this email. Which, to be fair... I don't know how else I'd expect Lotus to handle the early feedback... but the spin they are spinning is the reviews are in... and they are GREAT! :rolleyes: I mean, all the quotes are from the reviews. There HAVE been positive things said. But it certainly passively suggests that whatever negatives have been mentioned are not likely things that Lotus are taking as feedback to be addressed. Honestly the only one I'm concerned with is shifter feel. Coming from a 991.2 911 GTS 7-speed manual, I've heard a lot about what a bad gear box it was, but had no real issues with it. Felt it worked better than the 6 speed in my Aston Vantage S. My intent is not to be tracking the car at 9/10's for most of its life, but if its getting bogged down in normal shifting situations at 5000 RPM, that would be a problem :unsure:

View attachment 6364
OMG.

I feel embarrassed.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lol love it, edit the bits from the reviews that suit the narrative from Lotus that this car is exceptional.
Yeeeaaaahhhh.... I'm hoping people inside the company are not simply shrugging and putting on a happy face about some of the feedback.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was the difference just in sound, or did it improve the performance too?
I have ran this past my potential insurer, they have asked if removing the cat improves power/performance

I presume it doesn't change anything expect the exhaust sound is a bit louder. right ?

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That email from Lotus... 2 of those 4 reviews compared it to the GTS, and both picked the GTS over the Emira.
Would love to hear the excuses as to why they did this from those that keep on defending Lotus. Feels like everything they do is just so…wrong…so frustrating.

99Problems

Reaction score
That email from Lotus... 2 of those 4 reviews compared it to the GTS, and both picked the GTS over the Emira.

Would love to hear the excuses as to why they did this from those that keep on defending Lotus. Feels like everything they do is just so…wrong…so frustrating.
If you mean why they chose those 4 reviews to highlight?... Unfortunately my guess would be its because they contained the 4 most positive statements they could find... full review not withstanding. I will say, I can imagine Lotus were in a bind with needing/wanting reviews out before customer deliveries but also not having fully finished cars to provide due to the much publicized lack of parts, etc coming from the China covid shut down situation.... I think they were too reliant on auto press goodwill and understanding that the cars they were testing were not 100% finished in some aspects. Although no reviewers mentioned being told that anything about the cars dynamically were a work in progress, so we have to assume those things were as designed, customer car production ready for things like shifter, suspension, handling, etc.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Plus one lucky winner gets a test drive...
Well chaps, I really don't care anymore, I cannot wait for the call asking me to finally pay/set up finance etc. To have this on my drive kept in a single garage? (UK reference only!) will be jaw dropping. If you love Lotus then you are excited, if new then its probably a sensible way into the lotus, not so hardcore and will appeal to clients that want something a little bit different and not so corporate

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The email doesn't look good from a forum member's point of view as we have all seen the full reviews BUT (and here is a Lotus Defender) , to be fair, this is a standard marketing practice; use the best quotes of your own products and the worst quotes about your rivals.

Remember, on here, we are just a small minority of those actually with a deposit or interested in Emira updates. For them - this email is amazing!

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Behind The Glass - FFWD to 43:00 for Emira content... #forthecontroversy :ROFLMAO:

Tony is so good he already knows that the Emira is for specific kind of driver, he has always knocked the Emira and thinks they are going to lose value ha ha ha and he's a car salesman wow, Tony best get off this pod cast quick before his ego ruins his business.

And don't get me started on the Balenciaga flat cap he wears lol

boozyjay

Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been posted, but I've just read the latest issue of Car magazine and the review of the Emira (it was pitched against the Alpine A110S and Cayman GTS 4.0) was really good. It narrowly missed out on top spot by the Cayman, but they thought the Emira the most exciting drive. And this a pre-production car too.

I just don't get all this negativity, which seems to stem mainly from the EVO video.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
this just in

1654795710461.png

boozyjay

Reaction score
THAT is the key for most people I reckon. On top of the looks that is the winning combo.

However, very few other reviewers have said anything close to that.

I've got all the car magazines here in front of me, and the reviews are most favourable, including Catchpole's in EVO. Top Gear, Car, Autocar, plus online with Autocar, Rory, Harry and others. The only negative one is Jethro online with EVO along with Sutcliffe, and it can be argued on both occasions it was the wrong set up, plus in Frankel's Intercooler podcast he had one or two issues, but would reserve judgment. In fact his online written review wasn't bad at all. And These are all pre-production cars.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To the comments about Lotus's selective quotes in that email. What did you expect them to say?

"Press declares our new Emira as a bit Meh and not quite as good as a Porsche!"?
its marketing and what you'd expect any product company to do

More interesting would be how they are processing the feedback internally - that we'll never know I suppose, that is until the Windle Memoirs decades from now

99Problems

Reaction score
its marketing and what you'd expect any product company to do

More interesting would be how they are processing the feedback internally - that we'll never know I suppose, that is until the Windle Memoirs decades from now
That was my point... I didn't expect Lotus Marketing to have any other take than to highlight the best bits, that's their job. Like you, interested if there is any processing of the less flattering feedback internally in a way that would impact the product in the near term.