Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Car Magazine tips in favor of the Porsche, but yet they say it's almost boring. They have it first place on the basis of points.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Harry says he's "overjoyed" that he has one coming.

Sorry but the likes of EVO live and die by advertising and Porsche pay for those lovely double page ads at the start of every edition so...
Harry is very much EVO ethos but fully independent.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Sorry but the likes of EVO live and die by advertising and Porsche pay for those lovely double page ads at the start of every edition so...
John Barker is always negative on Lotus - remember his comments on the v6 Exige and Evora..

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not looking particularly rosie is it... Only read Autocar, EVO and AutoExpress so far but vague steering and gearbox and a brake pedal that is less than ideal for heel and toe isn't what I want to hear about my new Lotus.
I've not been commenting on the forum much as there wasn't really much more to say until the reviews came out.
If it genuinely is a 4 star car tho and I can't get a test drive in a production car before taking delivery in July then I'm out.
Cant help but think Lotus have really shot themselves in the foot with this prototype review nonsense a month away from customer deliveries
spot on, bad timing for reviews considering they want to take the rest of the money this month and again without a test drive.

Two of my concerns werehighlighted as an issue too:
1) Limited rev range - i experienced this in my elise previously, annoyingly low rev limit, it was picked up on the review also in the Emira
2) "clunky" gear shift - again a concern shared with my previous elise, and one i was hoping for an improvement for on the Emira, but its funny that this was picked up too.

All in all, i am still in for the beautiful look of the Emira, after seeing one on Satuday again in the wild, it still stands out for me, BUT - if it doesnt give me that 5 star feel when i pick it up, ill be looking for that premium and selling it if its there, with a view to try again and wait a year (or so) for the i4 and buy that GT4 in the meantime

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Matt Prior, Autocar

And as a driver’s car, it’s mostly great. On challenging stretches of road is where it’s absolutely at its best, in fact. On a road where there are loads of inputs on one side of the car and fewer on the other, strewn with cambers and crests and gradients, it shows its true Lotus origins.

Across my favourite test route, it feels seriously good, refusing to lose traction over an off-camber crest where most cars scrabble a little and only giving the merest ripple of vibration through the steering when encountering big surface imperfections while both braking and cornering

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
spot on, bad timing for reviews considering they want to take the rest of the money this month and again without a test drive.

1) Limited rev range - i experienced this in my elise previously, annoyingly low rev limit, it was picked up on the review also in the Emira
2) "clunky" gear shift - again a concern shared with my previous elise, and one i was hoping for an improvement for on the Emira, but its funny that this was picked up too.

All in all, i am still in for the beautiful look of the Emira, after seeing one on Satuday again in the wild, it still stands out for me, BUT - if it doesnt give me that 5 star feel when i pick it up, ill be looking for that premium and selling it if its there, with a view to try again and wait a year (or so) for the i4 and buy that GT4 in the meantime
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The Cayman GTS is the best car bar looks. I'm to receive mine in July but i will not be buying one without a test drive, even if i drop down the list of when i get the car. I won't be able to get a new GTS as the wait is along time, probably more so with people cancelling Emira deposits.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Same here, I’ll flick it… All reviews are average at best. Nothing special as they’ve been bragging on about at Lotus for a year.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

To be fair with EVO Jethro’s opinion on the gearbox, it is from a diesel RAV4/Avensis!!! There’s only so much you can do against a bespoke Porsche box…

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New AutoTrader video is out! Yep its Rory Reid!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
if it doesnt give me that 5 star feel when i pick it up, ill be looking for that premium and selling it if its there, with a view to try again and wait a year (or so) for the i4 and buy that GT4 in the meantime
I'm not going to jump the gun just yet, but there could be a severe lack of GTS/GT4 and Spyders available over the next 2 months!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not going to jump the gun just yet, but there could be a severe lack of GTS/GT4 and Spyders available over the next 2 months!
Those prices have been creeping up for the past year- but share your sentiments. If the Emira wasn't just so good looking it would be easier to walk away.. It's like having Charlie Dimmock design your garden or Charlize Theron - you'd want Charlie Dimock for a great garden but wouldn't care what garden Charlize Theron created as you'd be absorbed in her beauty.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Those prices have been creeping up for the past year- but share your sentiments. If the Emira wasn't just so good looking it would be easier to walk away.. It's like having Charlie Dimmock design your garden or Charlize Theron - you'd want Charlie Dimock for a great garden but wouldn't care what garden Charlize Theron created as you'd be absorbed in her beauty.
Perfect Analogy