Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Mac71

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I happened upon it recently:

It is nice (and quite rare, I feel) that a major British publication gives the Emira the credit it deserves by ranking it 3rd out of 10 in this case. Particularly nice that that they rank it just ahead of its arch-rival the Cayman GTS.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I happened upon it recently:

It is nice (and quite rare, I feel) that a major British publication gives the Emira the credit it deserves by ranking it 3rd out of 10 in this case. Particularly nice that that they rank it just ahead of its arch-rival the Cayman GTS.
IMHO, the 911 is too big to be considered a sports car anymore. Its more of a grand tourer. The BMW M2 styling is a miss, it weighs about 500 lb more than it should and the manual shifter feels like its in a soup of rubber.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
IMHO, the 911 is too big to be considered a sports car anymore. Its more of a grand tourer. The BMW M2 styling is a miss, it weighs about 500 lb more than it should and the manual shifter feels like its in a soup of rubber.

The Emira is absolutely a GT car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I kind of get that... but only if you compare it to the leaner Lotus models that came before the Emira. On its own, I feel that the Emira is right at home with other cars that we regard as sports cars, like the Miata, GR86, Cayman, Mustang GT, C8, etc.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I guess its all relative. Compared to an Elise then yea. But compared to most 2 door offerings by BWW, Porsche, Aston Martin etc, the Emira is "relatively" small, light (sub 3100 lbs) and it has a manual.

Admittedly my definition of a sports car is probably more narrow than the average driver. If the car doesn't have a manual option then IMHO it isn't a true enthusiasts sports car.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I’m pretty happy with these rankings. A lot of reviews have the M2 behind the Emira or so close it go either way on the day. If they are including all the higher level models for the 911 it’s hard to argue overall it’s not top but the better models like the turbo S and the GT3 RS etc. are way more expensive.
You could still say if you included looks, exclusivity and driving feedback and price if the most expensive model we would be right at near the top.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Why do they use the i4 for comparison?