Emira replacing 1973 Pantera

jmardy

Reaction score
Last summer I bought my childhood dream car, a 1973 De Tomaso Pantera. As I was underneath it over the weekend replacing a 50 year old air conditioning line, as a drop of blood dripped into my eye, I decided I wasn't having fun anymore. So I just placed a deposit on an Emira. Dealer said likely 2024 but still, I'm officially in the queue.
Will see.

Attachments

• 2021-07-23 16.30.19.jpg
    2021-07-23 16.30.19.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 752

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Last summer I bought my childhood dream car, a 1973 De Tomaso Pantera. As I was underneath it over the weekend replacing a 50 year old air conditioning line, as a drop of blood dripped into my eye, I decided I wasn't having fun anymore. So I just placed a deposit on an Emira. Dealer said likely 2024 but still, I'm officially in the queue.
Will see.
My friend, I think you might have real problems.
How did that blood get into that air conditioning line?😜
Welcome.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh, wow! Would love a Pantera, especially a GTS...

If I were you, I would definitely look at adding the Emira to sit alongside that beauty.

Lovely old school motors, which are in short supply today - utterly fantastic. :love:

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
its a old car it will never be finished . I sold my ls firebird a few months ago just could never stop spending on it .

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will see.
That's a bitter sweet story. At today's values a sale puts you well into an Emira. The Pantera was my first love and led me to an Esprit affair, which opened my eyes to the Emira.
The heart wants what it wants.

4thedrivers

Reaction score
Gorgeous Pantera! Going through the same issues with my 1969 L46 Corvette. Just when you think it's sorted out, something else goes. Stick with it.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Will see.
Awesome! I sold my '73 Group IV Pantera for a Corvette c6z06! While the Pantera was a bunch of fun for short drives it wasn't the road tripper we were looking for! Congrats on your Emira order and yea no more wrenching..:)

Attachments

• DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 18

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Don't sell the Pantera unless you absolutely have to. That thing is incredible.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
if you think you have problems before... just wait until you start dealing with CS at Lotus, which of course you wont as you are in the US... so good choice.. :)

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Will see.
Beautiful!! One of my favorite old school cars as a kid (Maserati Bora been my favorite) although always found those el Camino off road looking rims and tires at odds with the rest of the design of the car, I would never trade that for an Emira...