5. MX5
6. Camaro

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks wise?

1. Emira
2. Daylight

It is interesting how much the manual box “hampers” the performance.

If the Emira had a proper DCT such as in modern Ferraris the 0-60 time would surely be in the mid-high 3s.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Weirdly, one of the most fun to drive BMWs is actually the M240i. It's nowhere near as raw as the M cars, but has great balance. They made the earlier ones in RWD with a manual (M235i) and I think that might end up being a driver's car bargain on the used market in the next few years.

I’ve owned both and like you say M2 more raw and for that reason it’s the most Fun to drive by a Country mile, my G42 only lasted 3 months as great for a daily driver but fell short for just a w/e Fun car - the M2 will be a keeper for me unless they bring out a comp or X drive

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Extremely pleased with the Emira's 4.1 sec 0-60 and 12.6 quarter mile @ 111 mph. The detractors are going to be upset over numbers that quick....

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
how many of those launches can one do before you’ve got a $15K bill from your local dealership for a new transmission?

This argument is valid when launching any vehicle. All Launch control systems and high rpm launches are abusive and they mask turbo lag. This is why the 5-60 acceleration figure is so important.