Emira Car Covers

boozyjay

Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping my Emira outside, so will need to purchase a decent outside car cover. Does anyone know if Lotus will be bringing out indoor and outdoor car covers for the Emira before it comes on sale, or will I have to get one bespoke made by a car cover manufacturer?

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealer told me I‘ll get an indoor cover together with my car, but I have no information if it will be a dedicated Emira cover. However I guess that it will be one that fits the car.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping my Emira outside, so will need to purchase a decent outside car cover. Does anyone know if Lotus will be bringing out indoor and outdoor car covers for the Emira before it comes on sale, or will I have to get one bespoke made by a car cover manufacturer?
There is a YouTube video out there on how to build a garage somewhere…

OR you can park it at my house.

Parking the Emira outside? I’m sure there’s a couch or bed that can be substituted right?

It’s a proven fact that future Emira owners make up 73.6% of all new home sales with multiple garages. ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm sure a Lotus OEM cover for Emira will get added to the shop, just not sure on timing:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Here is more discussion about covers. See post #19.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you're on the Emira preorder list, then you may have gotten an email straight from Lotus called "Readying Your Ride for Seasonal Slumber" and it links to https://parts.lotuscars.com/ where you can find outdoor car covers (although they don't have Emira-related items yet).

Edit: Just realized that you're in the UK, so maybe it's a different version of the site for you.

Last edited:

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Likewise and also UK based. The advice I was given was don’t bother as the covers can do my damage than protection. If this isn’t the case I’d also consider getting one as my former garage is now a kitchen!

OP
B

boozyjay

Reaction score
Received a reply from Lotus earlier about the covers.
--------------------------------------------

Further to your query earlier today we will be looking to release Covers for the Emira, further information will be release later this year.

In the meantime, if there is anything further we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Will be available from Lotus Aftersales, your dealer and various forum online shops.

Indoor

Lotus_ASO_Emira_Cover_Interior.jpg

Outdoor

Lotus_ASO_Emira_Cover_Exterior.jpg

OP
B

boozyjay

Reaction score
Nice one Tom. I've Been waiting for this. I'm having mine PPF ceramic coated, would putting an outside cover on affect that though?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Will be available from Lotus Aftersales, your dealer and various forum online shops.

Indoor

View attachment 6187

Outdoor

View attachment 6186
I want the big, silky sheet they used at the reveals, so everytime I drive it, I can slowly pull it off to expose the car! Maybe I'll have some firecrackers that go off at the same time?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nice one Tom. I've Been waiting for this. I'm having mine PPF ceramic coated, would putting an outside cover on affect that though?

It won't affect is if it's a good cover that allows water to come through and evaporate out but reduces most dirt and limits UV rays.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know if the "outdoor" cover they offer has the same soft fabric interior as the "indoor" cover?

I'm wondering if the outdoor cover can be used multi-role as an indoor cover, without worrying too much about abrasion on the paint over time.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It won't affect is if it's a good cover that allows water to come through and evaporate out but reduces most dirt and limits UV rays.
Wait, I thought the outdoor covers were waterproof? Breathable, but no water penetration?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts