❔ QUESTION Door clearance

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have the diagram of all the measurements that Lotus published like two years ago but would like to have a real world measurement to confirm. Am having an enclosed trailer built and when they uploaded the CAD details, it shows that the door will actually hit the tires when the escape door is open. Can someone actually measure the clearance from the ground to the bottom of the door at three locations: very front of door when opened, the middle, and then the back. Very much appreciated.

OP
M

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Am talking with the trailer manufacturer about making changes if the door wont clear so in a holding pattern. If anyone can take just a minute to take a measurement, I would really appreciate it.

OP
M

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone have time to take a quick measurement. I would be appreciative so I can finalize the trailer build. thanks

OP
M

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to bug you @scoates but you helped me out a couple months ago with a measurement and after 500+ views, haven't been able to get a response yet :-0 If you would be so kind next time you have a free moment..... thanks

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to bug you @scoates but you helped me out a couple months ago with a measurement and after 500+ views, haven't been able to get a response yet :-0 If you would be so kind next time you have a free moment..... thanks

Just did a quick measurement so might not be 100% accurate, but I got 17cm from ground to very front of the door when in the mid-open position, 26cm in the middle, 29.5cm at the back of the door. I closed it to the first stopping position and the the measurements were the same, couldn't check the full open position. Hope that helps!

OP
M

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just did a quick measurement so might not be 100% accurate, but I got 17cm from ground to very front of the door when in the mid-open position, 26cm in the middle, 29.5cm at the back of the door. I closed it to the first stopping position and the the measurements were the same, couldn't check the full open position. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your support. I will relay the info to the trailer manufacturer