Delaware Area Spotted Thread

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume this thread will be a little slow for a while since we aren't getting our Emiras until October at the earliest, but wanted to set this up to post spottings (Lotus or anything exciting), meets, and track day events. Hopefully we can start meeting up in person and get some fun events organized. I'm located in North Wilmington and expect to get my First Edition in November of this year. My buddy has an early deposit in as well and also from the area, so there will be at least two Emiras running around here... Anyone else nearby?? I know I've ran into a few Lotus owners at various car meets and NJMP track days over the years.... :alien:

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm from Lancaster, Pa. I have a 08 Elise SC and a 2001 Esprit. Like doing track days and go to NJMP often. Expect is see my Emira late this year or early next.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm from Lancaster, Pa. I have a 08 Elise SC and a 2001 Esprit. Like doing track days and go to NJMP often. Expect is see my Emira late this year or early next.

Nice! I'm in Lancaster occasionally and my NJMP days have been rare since the pandemic. I usually try to do a PCA weekend and a few Skip Barber HPDE days a year with my GTI. The Emira will take some getting used to for sure! Last RWD sports car I had was a '93 300ZX before jumping to AWD Subaru STIs.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice! I'm in Lancaster occasionally and my NJMP days have been rare since the pandemic. I usually try to do a PCA weekend and a few Skip Barber HPDE days a year with my GTI. The Emira will take some getting used to for sure! Last RWD sports car I had was a '93 300ZX before jumping to AWD Subaru STIs.
I use the Elise for track days. I have one or two other guys from Lancaster that also go. I'll let you know when and we're going next.

Clam

Reaction score
I assume this thread will be a little slow for a while since we aren't getting our Emiras until October at the earliest, but wanted to set this up to post spottings (Lotus or anything exciting), meets, and track day events. Hopefully we can start meeting up in person and get some fun events organized. I'm located in North Wilmington and expect to get my First Edition in November of this year. My buddy has an early deposit in as well and also from the area, so there will be at least two Emiras running around here... Anyone else nearby?? I know I've ran into a few Lotus owners at various car meets and NJMP track days over the years.... :alien:
There are a few folks on the forum from Maryland/DC area including myself. Delaware is a 30-minute drive from Northern MD; easy. I'm a September deposit and might be a while on delivery, though. Saw the car launch in July and still wonder to this day why I waited...

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few folks on the forum from Maryland/DC area including myself. Delaware is a 30-minute drive from Northern MD; easy. I'm a September deposit and might be a while on delivery, though. Saw the car launch in July and still wonder to this day why I waited...

I work remote, but am in Arlington 3-4 times a year. Maybe we can set up a DC area meet up next year when we all have our cars.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m easily found at the big boxes.
Here’s how I park:
2t3QbQe.jpg

Look forward to meeting you boys

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick FYI about the new Lotus of Philadelphia in our area. They are on West Chester Pike (new building at the old RDS Porsche location) and they are hosting their Emira event this weekend. I'm sure most test drive spots are already reserved by now (I know @lion shf has his slot booked) but this would be a great opportunity to check out the car in person if you haven't yet had the opportunity. I'll be there between ~9:30-11am this Saturday for my drive.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey guys, just a quick FYI about the new Lotus of Philadelphia in our area. They are on West Chester Pike (new building at the old RDS Porsche location) and they are hosting their Emira event this weekend. I'm sure most test drive spots are already reserved by now (I know @lion shf has his slot booked) but this would be a great opportunity to check out the car in person if you haven't yet had the opportunity. I'll be there between ~9:30-11am this Saturday for my drive.
Thanks for the update. I drove out to Pittsburgh to test drive the Emira earlier this month. I plan on servicing the car in Philadelphia and will try to get there this weekend.

Enjoy your drive

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I drove out to Pittsburgh to test drive the Emira earlier this month. I plan on servicing the car in Philadelphia and will try to get there this weekend.

Enjoy your drive
Be sure to say hi to my guy Ellis (sales)

Clam

Reaction score
Hey, I'm in Northern MD, no sportscar in the current lineup but I shifted my Sep 2021 deposit to May 2022 with a different dealer so I'm looking for an interim toy to occupy the long wait.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm in Northern MD, no sportscar in the current lineup but I shifted my Sep 2021 deposit to May 2022 with a different dealer so I'm looking for an interim toy to occupy the long wait.

What kinda interim toy are you considering?