Dealerships for DMV (MD/DC/VA) area

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looks like that will be my local dealer, although I purchased mine from the Midwest. The one you shared the address to is the closest one to me.
I’m in Charlottesville, VA and placed my deposit with Flow Lotus in Winston-Salem, NC. That’s where I was directed by LotusCars. Have found it interesting to hear some report they are moving up the list at their dealers because of drop outs. I’ve not heard anything but non-commital messages from my dealer, and nothing without me asking. I wonder if I’ve moved up, but never get a straight answer. All I know is I missed the FE cut with a July 2021 deposit. Enthusiasm waning, but I’m still here and they still have my deposit. At this point I’m curious enough to see if what was true when I placed my deposit will be true in the end. If not, I will probably get my deposit back and move on. Will look for something else instead. The Emira is beautiful, but they’ve already backed out on so many features that I might just pick up a fully loaded Evora instead. Or maybe something completely different. Who knows at this point.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m in Charlottesville, VA and placed my deposit with Flow Lotus in Winston-Salem, NC. That’s where I was directed by LotusCars. Have found it interesting to hear some report they are moving up the list at their dealers because of drop outs. I’ve not heard anything but non-commital messages from my dealer, and nothing without me asking. I wonder if I’ve moved up, but never get a straight answer. All I know is I missed the FE cut with a July 2021 deposit. Enthusiasm waning, but I’m still here and they still have my deposit. At this point I’m curious enough to see if what was true when I placed my deposit will be true in the end. If not, I will probably get my deposit back and move on. Will look for something else instead. The Emira is beautiful, but they’ve already backed out on so many features that I might just pick up a fully loaded Evora instead. Or maybe something completely different. Who knows at this point.
Its hard to get a straight answer. I don't blame that on dealers, I blame that partly on Lotus. But so far it has been easy sailing on my end. I ordered mine from the Midwest. I am actually about 30-45 minutes from Charlottesville and pass through there often.

I have also thought of pulling out, but at this point I am just in it for the long haul. I have my Elise to keep me busy. Plus I would just buy a Dodge Viper and save some money...it does sound like a good deal!

I had a bad interaction with Flow Lotus a while ago and decided never to do business with them again.

Do you currently have a Lotus or cool car? I can invite you on our spirited runs around the area if you are interested.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
they were very up front about inaccurate information I was receiving from other dealers (like Summit in NJ and Winston Salem),

What inaccurate info did you get from Summit? My experience has been pretty good considering Lotus US hasn't given the US dealers much info. I usually know things before they do.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So I dropped by today and have some info:

I met the GM (Loc) and the head of sales (Tarique) both super friendly and proper car guys! The location at 15301 Frederick Road is where they are building their new showroom - they estimate it will be beginning of January when they are open for business.

In the meantime they are operating out of Ourisman VW which is a couple miles down the road (it's also where I met them).

They have '20 Evora which will be the first car at the dealership (so it's not technically for sale), and they expect an Emira sometime in October. The Emira is on a tour across the US so they expect to have it for a few days and arrange an event for prospective customers and those who have placed orders already. They'll hold the even at the new (under construction) place.

This is great news for us in the area, looking forward to working with these guys!
Great info and thanks for the update. They would be very welcome to join and share info on here, as several other dealers have done.