Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
perhaps the usb in the arm rest connects to infotainment? or will it be wireless connect only?
Yes, the USB Type A and Type C ports inside the armrest are wired to the system.
from p.133

1663246740643.png

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So, because I have an October build slot (FEV6Auto, fully loaded) I'm anxious to get a test drive before checkout.....I refuse to buy without a test drive. I called my dealer, this afternoon, and they were convinced they will receive their demo, a manual on sports suspension IIRC, last week of September. Email booking slots for test drives will then be sent in order of build slots.

Quote "things are now happening". They were convinced .......Thunderbirds are Go.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So, because I have an October build slot (FEV6Auto, fully loaded) I'm anxious to get a test drive before checkout.....I refuse to buy without a test drive. I called my dealer, this afternoon, and they were convinced they will receive their demo, a manual on sports suspension IIRC, last week of September. Email booking slots for test drives will then be sent in order of build slots.

Quote "things are now happening". They were convinced .......Thunderbirds are Go.
Thunderbirds are go… But sadly Brains is missing from the Lotus International Rescue Team. Lady Penelope and Parker are arranging parts and Virgil is using Thunderbird 2 for delivery to Europe.

VTECMatt

Reaction score
So when are the dealers getting their demo cars? Glasgow mention to me end of September and now sometime in the next two weeks.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I reckon in the next 2-3 weeks. I was told the bookings for test drives won’t open until all UK dealers have got at least one car each. So some cars might arrive at dealers sooner but only been available to view initially rather than drive.

VTECMatt

Reaction score
I reckon in the next 2-3 weeks. I was told the bookings for test drives won’t open until all UK dealers have got at least one car each. So some cars might arrive at dealers sooner but only been available to view initially rather than drive.
I’m in no rush, be good to just see and sit in one though. They mentioned we should get an invite but I wonder whether the key word is ’should’ 🤷‍♂️😂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Test drive invitations will go to people with early deliveries first (months 1-3), with bookings managed centrally by Lotus for the first few weeks.

It’ll then shift across to dealers managing the bookings and invitations to other deposit holders and expressions of interest.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea what arrangements are being made for people who like me live minutes away from Hethel but hours away from a dealer for test drives?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m not sure, as I’m pretty sure demo cars will only be available at dealers.

Invitations to early deposit holders should enable you to pick any UK dealer, not just the nearest or the one you nominated for delivery or servicing.

Worth asking LCC if there will be demo cars available from Hethel.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's really annoying then, as Hethel is literally 8 mins / 3 miles away, so only other option would be Endeavour Lotus Colchester - 2 1/2 hour / 100 mile round trip.....

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve spoken to my dealer today, he is expecting a demo in October, he confirmed colour and its manual. I asked if it’s sport or tourer and he didn’t know. I’m in the North East so bit of a trip for me at 56miles, but August demo has gone to October. But as I have been relegated to 2023 car, with no idea when in 2023 as LCS don’t have a schedule, the excitement and anticipation has been lost, so has the entire 2022 driving season as I sold my Evora400 this time last year.
Feeling your pain, bought an SLK55 to help ease that pain. Also in the North East so guess your dealer is also Bradford then?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
These timings are too tight for cars getting made in October- by the time we manage to arrange and get demo ride car could be built so what example if you want to change suspension set up. ( especially for people not close to dealers and restricted to w/e )

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
These timings are too tight for cars getting made in October- by the time we manage to arrange and get demo ride car could be built so what example if you want to change suspension set up. ( especially for people not close to dealers and restricted to w/e )
Imo we (early deposit holders) should have been offered a drive at Hethel before now.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you want to makes changes after test drive you already know that means your delivery will be bumped to 2023.

I think Lotus mis-set expectations when they changed the UK process on 3rd deposits. Before that, if you were an early deposit holder you had to accept you were in a pre-launch process and would have to commit without a test drive. That’s not for everyone.

By removing the need for the 3rd deposit (back in Jan for first deposits) and switching to 30 day commitment, Lotus in effect told almost everyone they could test drive before committing.

It’s probably helped them avoid a load of deferrals and cancellations. But now many people aren’t comfortable with committing without a test drive and won’t be happy if they want to change spec and get bumped as a result.

This is still a pre-launch process for anyone with UK delivery in months 1
and 2, longer if you want to be able to make changes.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's really annoying then, as Hethel is literally 8 mins / 3 miles away, so only other option would be Endeavour Lotus Colchester - 2 1/2 hour / 100 mile round trip.....
Can I suggest there’s someone we both know at Hethel who you should ask about this….

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's really annoying then, as Hethel is literally 8 mins / 3 miles away, so only other option would be Endeavour Lotus Colchester - 2 1/2 hour / 100 mile round trip.....May be easier/similar time and money to pay for the experience instead

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Feeling your pain, bought an SLK55 to help ease that pain. Also in the North East so guess your dealer is also Bradford then?
I’m in the north east too (Nunthorpe near stokesley) went to premier at JCT Bradford but ordered through Oakmere (Ex Christopher Neil) Northwich given previous relationship with them

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you want to makes changes after test drive you already know that means your delivery will be bumped to 2023.

I think Lotus mis-set expectations when they changed the UK process on 3rd deposits. Before that, if you were an early deposit holder you had to accept you were in a pre-launch process and would have to commit without a test drive. That’s not for everyone.

By removing the need for the 3rd deposit (back in Jan for first deposits) and switching to 30 day commitment, Lotus in effect told almost everyone they could test drive before committing.

It’s probably helped them avoid a load of deferrals and cancellations. But now many people aren’t comfortable with committing without a test drive and won’t be happy if they want to change spec and get bumped as a result.

This is still a pre-launch process for anyone with UK delivery in months 1
and 2, longer if you want to be able to make changes.
Tom yes tbh I certainly won’t be paying almost £80k for a car that’s not right spec for me. For example if I have chosen wrong suspension hopefully that won’t be the case but I’ve waited this long and during winter it will be just sat in garage anyway. So if it gets bumped into next year then that’s better than living with wrong spec. But with the demos delayed so much now are they really going to get all the timings with customers right - Suppose depends how many need demo before they willing to purchase and of course if car doesn’t excite someone will be getting offered an earlier delivery