Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it really is a continuous running joke amongst all my friends 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just got asked by a friend again today about when is my car finally due….

Response now is …. I simply don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep same here. Friends ask and I just say "next year sometime.. hopefully" shake my head and change the subject.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus:
“Soon is defined as in a short time, in the near future or quickly. An example of soon is arriving in five minutes from now, as in arriving soon. An example of soon is rsvping for an event within a few days from the time you were invited, as in rsvping soon after you received the invitation. “

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus:
“Soon is defined as in a short time, in the near future or quickly. An example of soon is arriving in five minutes from now, as in arriving soon. An example of soon is rsvping for an event within a few days from the time you were invited, as in rsvping soon after you received the invitation. “
I think in Lotus speak, it means something completely different.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Received an email from Lotus Silverstone today......they have no idea when they will receive a demo car but hope it will be soon! Hey ho.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I just see this short video about some customers cars delivered but I don’t know which dealer was

Hopefully, sometime in the spring of next year that will be happening in front of my house! I'm going to be out there with my camera recording every moment of it.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Dealer says….

“I had a chat with Lotus yesterday, they have mentioned that we should see the demonstrator within the first 10 days of October.”

🙁
SERIOUSLY 😳 ☹️☹️☹️☹️
So we now know that Lotus VERY SOON 🔜 = 3 months.
no wonder 💭 we feel frustrated
Mind you come to think my husbands “soon” can be within a 1 -2 year timeframe - it’s obviously a man doing these communications !!!

Last edited:

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY 😳 ☹️☹️☹️☹️
So we now know that Lotus VERY SOON 🔜 = 3 months.
no wonder 💭 we feel frustrated
Mind you come to think my husbands “soon” can be within a 1 -2 year timeframe - it’s obviously a man doing these communications !!!
I think “soon” in that context means “go away and stop bothering me”

😄

OUI131

Reaction score
Dealer says….

“I had a chat with Lotus yesterday, they have mentioned that we should see the demonstrator within the first 10 days of October.”

🙁
So if no dealer cars until October, then a few days for a test drive before final checkout Call, which is 30 days before delivery, so ergo there will be no UK October customer deliveries, however customer service insists my car is september production and October delivery.
Fingers crossed for a mid November delivery, or ‘sooner’?🤣
Maybe its not a 30 day call to delivery?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So if no dealer cars until October, then a few days for a test drive before final checkout Call, which is 30 days before delivery, so ergo there will be no UK October customer deliveries, however customer service insists my car is september production and October delivery.
Fingers crossed for a mid November delivery, or ‘sooner’?🤣
Maybe its not a 30 day call to delivery?

I have a nasty suspicion it’s more likely they will insist you confirm your car without a test drive, or lose your place in the queue…

OUI131

Reaction score
I have a nasty suspicion it’s more likely they will insist you confirm your car without a test drive, or lose your place in the queue…
I have already said to customer service, I don’t want a test drive , I just would like my car delivered please. Don’t even want a factory visit any more!!