DAB Tuning

Tim

Reaction score
So more a “tip” - either I’m a complete idiot or the UX makes this non-obvious…

Anyhow I picked my Nimbus Auto up on Wednesday - Scott got the CarPlay working and I didn’t even think to ask about DAB. On the way home I tried to switch to a little bit of KISSTORY and the tuner listed no stations.

I assumed I had a fault, until RTFM’d last night and found the section on “station refresh”…

So if anyone else is struggling with DAB, simply pull down in the “BROWSE” section in the radio 😂

nimbusblack

Reaction score
it is without doubt the most unintuitive system ever, ive had nothing but white noise until i found the DAB tuner this morning as well. Im quite pleased with the sound from KEF system though. I need to sit in the car for an hour and learn all the bells and whistles.

OP
Tim

Tim

Reaction score
Agreed. I’m a little disappointed by the sub though - integration isn’t that great for heavier tracks… I need to do the same over the weekend and run through all the menus/setup (y)

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The system is based on Android Automotive right? Wouldn't surprise me if there are other similarities with Android across the UI as well. Anyone found any other gestures to do anything?

Jarrad

Reaction score
I have no issues with any of it from the main console. My only issue is changing Radio stations from the steering wheel controls. I can easily skip tracks on Android Auto etc. But when I try to use the left/right arrows on the steering wheel to change radio stations I just get hiss. UNLESS I am on the radio page on the main console, which sort of defeats the object of a short cut button on the steering wheel!
Anybody else?

danmessy

Reaction score
I encountered a funny issue with my Radio, probably just a bug, but curious to see if anyone else has or know how to fix this...?

I usually listen to Spotify on Android Auto so I probably hadn't noticed this sooner, though the other morning I flicked to radio as I wanted to catch the hourly news headlines.

Relevant to the issue: my only pre-saved "favorite" station is 99.3 FM (known as Triple J).

I clicked over to radio and there was no initial broadcast coming through - as if the station was dead. I clicked my 1 and only saved favourite, but it still would not connect.

I moved into the +Browse folder and could see the many stations from a previously conducted scan. I could click on those and hear the broadcasts just fine. Triple J was not present in this section. I went back to my Favourites, tried again on Triple J, but couldn't click on/activate it.

I know of the "pull down to refresh" function, so I did that a couple of times, received the "Refresh Successful" notification at the bottom of the screen, though still could not see (in the +Browse) or activate (in the +Favourites) the Triple J station!

My final attempt, I clicked the FM Radio icon to bring up the manual Tuner function. Interestingly, when on FM, the maximum station it would "tune" to was 94.9 - like it could not scan higher?!?! (For full information, the lowest scanning point on FM was 76 ? Which I don't recall seeing before on any car, but probably never actually looked).

It was a short drive home, so I parked soon after and left it. I returned the car a few days later, remembered to check this issue and it was gone - Triple J worked fine again!

OK COOL.... however...

Leaving this morning, same situation - I wanted the hourly news on my drive home - ran into the exact same issue again.

This time when I got home I took a video -see Attached.
(I note I also did the refresh pull down outside whilst on the streets in the city several times, not just whilst in an underground car park).

Anyway, has anyone seen this or know if I am doing something incorrect? Cheers

Edit: forgot to attach video..

Attachments

• dab-radio-issue_wgwn1Bqs.mp4
    26.1 MB
Last edited:

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't have my Emira yet, but in my wife's car (Chevy Suburban) I see DAB stations come and go all the time. As standard radio signals get weaker the sound diminishes and gets more static, but DAB stations cut out entirely. And if the signal cuts out for enough time, often the station just disappears as an option on the interface, only to return later when it picks it up again. This happens even with stations she has saved as presets.