Centre fixings

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to have alloy wheels with centre fixings instead of bolts like the option on the Porsche GT3?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to have alloy wheels with centre fixings instead of bolts like the option on the Porsche GT3?
You would have to see if anyone makes a 5 bolt to center lock conversion kit for the Emira. There may be something like that for the Evora, but I don't know if it would work for the Emira.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why would you want this for matter of practicality, if you were to get a flat now you have to deal with a special adaptor and a 4 ft torque wrench ?
Just looking into various upgrades and hopefully learning more as I go. That sucks if it’s that hard to torque them back up because they look great.
Mind when would I ever be changing a wheel if I don’t have a spare?🤫

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just looking into various upgrades and hopefully learning more as I go. That sucks if it’s that hard to torque them back up because they look great.
Mind when would I ever be changing a wheel if I don’t have a spare?🤫

Porsche Center lock wheels have to be torqued from 500-600 newton meters (~370ftlb—443ftlb) with wheels OFF THE GROUND. Center locks look cool because racecar, but they're a PITA for practicality on a daily driver or weekend toy. There's also a fancy torque gun built for these, but it's ~$5k!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If the Emira had centerlocks I wouldn't be buying the car at all unless there was a 5 lug conversion.

I'm not here to flex on people about my fake race car.

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If the Emira had centerlocks I wouldn't be buying the car at all unless there was a 5 lug conversion.

I probably won’t end up doing it but I still think they look good and no intention to try and imitate a face car.
Why would you be flexing on people about your fake race car? I don’t think most people would read that deeply into it and wouldn’t bat an eyelid what wheel fixings you have.
I’m not a big wing fan but if someone added one I’d just think it was their preference and wouldn’t think they are making me think it’s a race car. 😂

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I probably won’t end up doing it but I still think they look good and no intention to try and imitate a face car.
Why would you be flexing on people about your fake race car? I don’t think most people would read that deeply into it and wouldn’t bat an eyelid what wheel fixings you have.
I’m not a big wing fan but if someone added one I’d just think it was their preference and wouldn’t think they are making me think it’s a race car.

The majority of the centerlock on a street car (or even amateur track car) is for the flex. It looks like a race car for no other purpose of looking like one. The reality is limited wheel selection, increased complexity and cost in replacement wheel hubs/bearings, increased complexity in wheels on-off the car. It's just a whole lot of time and money for zero real benefit.

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The majority of the centerlock on a street car (or even amateur track car) is for the flex. It looks like a race car for no other purpose of looking like one. The reality is limited wheel selection, increased complexity and cost in replacement wheel hubs/bearings, increased complexity in wheels on-off the car. It's just a whole lot of time and money for zero real benefit.
I’m not doing it because of the cost mainly as I have a lot of other plans. I think we will just have to disagree on the flex part because I’m more of a whatever the owner likes is fine because they have to drive it. If I was worried about what people thought I wouldn’t have bought an Emira and have already had someone comment they are for people who only want to show off. Just as well I couldn’t afford a La Ferrari 😁

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

At least they're real centerlocks vs fake bolt on rims.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As someone who owns center lock wheels on my car well you guys are mostly right, luckily service is included so labor wasn’t on me but the shop manager told me it took them 2h to take off all the wheels for service for the first time 😂 and they had all the proper tools as they also have a racing department with GT3 cars, I’m sure next time would be easier but still idk how would a tire shop tackle this task (as 99.9% of them haven’t seen them), luckily I haven’t gotten to that point but it sure will be a headache! Not to mention there's a precise way to install them back on that requires knowledge and experience in doing it! (Which I lack), if I need anything at least I'm able to relay on my dealer (most of the times).