Canadian FE orders.....??

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When I first went to the Lotus Canadian website the FE was listed at starting at a price of $119,888, and now the FE price is listed at $110,363.
Can someone who has placed their final spec order clear this up, which price is it?
If the $110,363 price is correct maybe I should change to a FE.
Screenshot_20220205-115811_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-102059_Samsung Internet.jpg

themeatbaron

Reaction score
When I first went to the Lotus Canadian website the FE was listed at starting at a price of $119,888, and now the FE price is listed at $110,363.
Can someone who has placed their final spec order clear this up, which price is it?
If the $110,363 price is correct maybe I should change to a FE.
View attachment 4309

View attachment 4310
The 110 price is the I4fe price I believe. Communication and websites aren’t Lotus’s speciality.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
The 110 price is the I4fe price I believe. Communication and websites aren’t Lotus’s speciality.
Emira I4 base: $96,393

Emira V6 base: $105,918

Emira I4 First Edition: $110,363
Emira V6 First Edition is $119,888

This is what lotus sent me when I inquired last about some confusing pricing on their website.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira I4 base: $96,393

Emira V6 base: $105,918

Emira I4 First Edition: $110,363
Emira V6 First Edition is $119,888

This is what lotus sent me when I inquired last about some confusing pricing on their website.
Thanks mate appreciate it.
It's incredible that Lotus has such trouble getting through very simple Concepts on their website like pricing.
$9,500 extra for the ancient, somewhat outdated Toyota V6 seems a tad high to me.
Too bad you can't get a proper manual transmission with the i4.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Which engine do you guys think would sound better? This would matter a lot to me.
no doubt about that, V6 for sure.

I4 will sound like a vaccum cleaner and maybe even fake sounds inside the cabin

bilal388

Reaction score
no doubt about that, V6 for sure.

I4 will sound like a vaccum cleaner and maybe even fake sounds inside the cabin
So that would be a turn off for me. The only mods I would do to that car would be exhaust mods. I would not want to buy a 100K "vacuum" cleaner :)

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Which engine do you guys think would sound better? This would matter a lot to me.
Probably the Toyota V6, as the i4 has a turbocharger which we all know muffle the exhaust note.
I'm hoping I will be able to hear some of the supercharger whine from the Toyota V6.
Can't hear much so far from the Emira videos.
I can hear lots of supercharger whine from the Evora videos, not sure why, same engine, same supercharger. 🤔

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So that would be a turn off for me. The only mods I would do to that car would be exhaust mods. I would not want to buy a 100K "vacuum" cleaner :)
If you listen to the exhaust note from the Civic Type-R and Veloster N/i30N there are very different outcomes.
The Honda sounds dreadful like a vacuum cleaner while the Hyundai's sound descent with active exhausts.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also, the I4 will come much later. Saw your post in the other thread, the First Edition for the I4 is set to be delivered end of 2023, so for your late deposit you are looking at 2024 at the earliest

r1lee

Reaction score
shouldn't we compare the exhaust note on an A45 to get an idea? vs just saying it will sound like a vacuum cleaner, lol? i'm getting the i4 to save on gas.
I'm not a fan of the amount of backfire, but it is what it is.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
shouldn't we compare the exhaust note on an A45 to get an idea? vs just saying it will sound like a vacuum cleaner, lol? i'm getting the i4 to save on gas.

The newer A45's I've listened to online don't sound near as good as the older ones due to gpf's and stricter European noise regulations.
The i4 Emira may not sound exactly like a vacuum cleaner, but for sure it will not sound near as good as the V6.
Lotus will probably end up piping in sound from the speakers to compensate like other manufacturers do.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Those two are both old A45s (W176) with another engine as well. The new Model (W177) doesn't even come close to that. It really is no comparison at all (sadly).