Call out to Alex in Customer Care...

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Who is trying really hard to make the process better as best he can...

Called me on Friday to send me my i4 config link and to pay 2nd deposit(I was very early on July 9th), which I did - but it went through as a V6 (or at least the email said that) - he called me today to apologise, read back my config to me, then sent me a confirmed spec afterwards...
Of course car not due until 'Winter' this year...

Samps

Reaction score

Called me on Friday to send me my i4 config link and to pay 2nd deposit(I was very early on July 9th), which I did - but it went through as a V6 (or at least the email said that) - he called me today to apologise, read back my config to me, then sent me a confirmed spec afterwards...
I’ll second that praise for Alex - called up about my i4 second deposit and he kindly explained fault on the link would state v6 but would follow up with email to confirm spec and bug would soon be fixed.

Did all he could for me so credit where credits due

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've dealt with him often as well. Always comes back to me and does what he can. In truth I think the CS guys are pretty good... They just don't always have access to the current information / revision / etc

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score

That's good to know(y)
I haven't had any Email to configure as of yet, I placed my original deposit on the 7th July.
Was the 2nd deposit amount £3000 as anticipated?

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's good to know(y)
I haven't had any Email to configure as of yet, I placed my original deposit on the 7th July.
Was the 2nd deposit amount £3000 as anticipated?
Yes - and he contacted me as I had pinged Customer Care asking how it would work on April 8th - did we have to reserve again for example - You will be contacted for sure soon - delivery is Winter, so loads of time....

Reactions: AGP
OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting that people who paid a deposit later than some seem to be ahead in the process now?
I don't think that's the case actually - I think its Alex being proactive to people who have contacted him via chat

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But that in turn seems to have resulted in them being a stage ahead?
Possibly but car not due for 6 months minimum, so calls will be coming soon I am sure

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Another shout out to Alex here, sent an email and got a reply with config link and a heads up on the potential V6 config error. Time to commit to a colour!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another shout out to Alex here, sent an email and got a reply with config link and a heads up on the potential V6 config error. Time to commit to a colour!
Me too - although done by email and no CS names given - but i4 2nd deposit made and spec saved today! (1st Deposit 16:30 8th July - Goodwood Thursday)

The second deposit auto-confirmation email still says "V6" too - "this is being addressed"....

Last edited:

Singularity

Reaction score
I caved.

Went on the chat, spoke to a Jamie - link sent, (2nd) deposit paid. Also confirmed build order will be based on first deposits, thankfully.
Thanks for getting additional confirmation the the build order is based on 1st deposit; even when you know it is, there's always this nagging doubt :oops:!

I'll chill now and wait for the contact, essentially I'm practicing the restraint I'll need after submitting my configuration and 2nd deposit!

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for getting additional confirmation the the build order is based on 1st deposit; even when you know it is, there's always this nagging doubt :oops:!

I'll chill now and wait for the contact, essentially I'm practicing the restraint I'll need after submitting my configuration and 2nd deposit!
I guess I'm both one of the early(ish) depositors and one of the early(ish) 2nd depositors now, just to make doubly sure 🤣

Seemed to make sense to get on with it really, they confirmed again that you don't commit until 30 days before delivery. One assumes as it goes to production. Up until that point you can get the £5k back.