Black pack swirl/rub marks after detail

bueller711

Reaction score
Hey I recently got my car detailed and it looks fantastic, but I’m worried about a few marks I found on the upper black pack. I reached out to them to see what they can do to fix it, but I’m concerned that the marks may be permanent. Does anyone have experience with this?
IMG_2073.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg
04FE9E87-E970-40E7-AF23-AF8F59D37D2A.jpeg

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh my... That looks... Terrible! ☹️

Is it just on the A pillars and outer 'rails' of the black pack (not on the main roof section)? Seems a bit strange if so.

Were there definitely no swirls/scratches before you had it detailed? Going to be difficult to prove it was them unless you have some sort of photographic proof, I suppose though, but worth chasing them to see what they say.

Swirls/scratches like that are going to need some (very careful and skilled) paint correction to get rid of (and not sure I would trust the people who put them there to get rid of them IMHO).

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not permanent, that just needs polishing. And likely the rest of the car does too if the top looks like that.

Whoever did this "detail" should not be in the business if they left your car looking like that AFTER the work.

I would seek out a genuine pro and get an eval for single stage paint correction. Your black pack will go back to looking like a piano.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah if that was then I’d go elsewhere to try to fix that up. Just as an FYI- On my Evora GT I had the black pack and if I LOOKED at that roof, swirls would appear. I tried everything from PPF to every washing method possible to no avail. Just something I got used to.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's definitely fixable with someone who knows how to do paint correction. I'd also get ceramic coating on at least the upper black pack including the tops of the side mirrors.

When washing the car, especially the upper black pack area, don't use a swirl motion, use long strokes going in the same direction. For example, start at the back and make one long motion all the way to the front. Do that repeatedly until you've washed the entire upper black pack area, no back and forth or swirling motions. Dry the same way. Do the same thing when washing the acrylic headlight covers; front to back, or back to front whichever you prefer.

Even though I don't have the black pack, mine is DV so I'm going to have to practice this ritual myself every time I wash the car. I'm getting it paint corrected and ceramic coated too before it's delivered.

MrClean

Reaction score
I would say don’t worry about it. As long as you can’t catch your fingernail on the scratches, they will disappear with a paint correction. Even deeper scratches can be greatly reduced with a proper paint correction. My advice would be to paint correct then ceramic coat or PPF those piano black areas that are more susceptible to scratches. That’s what I plan to do to my Seneca blue Emira that also has the upper black pack like yours. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If this is how the detail shop gave you the car back, then they should be ashamed.

My car also had minor scratches and swirls all over when delivered, including wheels. I have been fixing it all slowly with very good results.

The paint overall is soft. Which means it can scratch and swirl easily, but you can also paint correct it easily.

I found success using this combo:

• Milwaukee cordless DA (or any other dual action polisher)
  • White foam pad (orange pad was too aggressive and required me to go over it with the white pad)
  • Meguiars Ultimate Polish
I also used a specialty paint inspection light from Harbor Freight to verify results. https://www.harborfreight.com/455-l...l-led-color-match-inspection-light-56354.html

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 9

WAX3D

Reaction score
Hey I recently got my car detailed and it looks fantastic, but I’m worried about a few marks I found on the upper black pack. I reached out to them to see what they can do to fix it, but I’m concerned that the marks may be permanent. Does anyone have experience with this?View attachment 40035View attachment 40036View attachment 40037View attachment 40038View attachment 40039
Hi I'm a car detailer from north West England . You need a refund , that's awfull . I also own a yellow emira with black pack .you will find no matter how careful with washing and drying , you will get very minor swirls , same on all similar black areas on cars , like the areas between front and rear glass , they can be made flawless but even wiping with a new microfibre can put in micro scratches . Even after ceramic coating . You actually need to get the rest of your paintwork checked , if that's how the roof is , the paint can't be right either.

OP
B

bueller711

Reaction score
Update: I spoke with the guy and he was really bummed that it happened. The rest of the car was flawless. He drive to me to fix it and it looks brand new. He was a mobile Detailer and it got dark when he finished up and neither of us saw it. I noticed when it was light out. It definitely wasn’t that way prior to him working on it. I would have noticed right away because that pillar is the first thing you see when you approach the car.

Thanks for the help everyone! It scared me but is flawless now.