Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Reaction score
Just had the September build and we will contact you re delivery soon…..mmmm, im off for my winter hibernation in late October so I don’t want delivery, guess it could be delayed more so I will no doubt accidentally miss the call until I find out from others if a planned delay until April is allowed.
IF YOU DOnt answer the call they will email you 100% for sure, they have done this with me around about 3 times as their calls never get through to my Spanish number.
you can of course not answer the email and then I guess you will soon find out, but I guess they will soon assume you do not want the car, but by then I am sure someone on here will have the answer you are looking for.
I personally think its 99% unlikely they will allow any delay as they simply are not set up for the recalculations, ie their factory is up to date, but their software isnt and throw into that all the parts issues.
It will be interesting to see how many of these 150 first batch try to delay...... as Tom said, they will soon have so many people asking that they will have to come up with a blanket answer....

roundincircles

Reaction score
Just a perspective. I have a long term deposit on a Porker GTS 718....no communication, we will get back to you when it goes production firm. I have a 6 month £25k deposit on a Fezza 296GTB.....we will get back to you soon....I have to chase both suppliers. I have a long placed deposit on a Lotus Emira.....we will build in October, cross our hearts. We now have a plan we can share with you. We love you all. OK that's OK as it will be 25c in October and 20c in December, trust me as I cannot tell a lie.I

emiraspain

Reaction score
So, not in anyway a "I told you say way", but it seems the further 8 weeks delay I was told at the weekend , was/is true. (same person told me about wheel gaps... ...believe it now if you will, just throwing it out there for the doubters 😂)
Im sorry for you Tom that you are pushed back behind others that were clearly well behind you and without a definite reason. Surely the tracker is made by an external manufacturer and I would be amazed that during the last 12/18 months that this company have not managed to make and store a few hundred of the buggers, if not several hundreds as not exactly a large cost item. Homelink, maybe the cause, but again,.... the same reasoning leads me to think its a bit strange. I have a tracker, but no homelink I think, to be honest I dont even recall my spec now and the link they sent is dead, like my heart.....
Re September builds, to be totally honest, I would not be surprised if its an error on Lotus's part, but time will tell. Good luck to all the September builds in any case, lucky so and so's haha.... I dont think there are more than 10-15 of them in any case and if anyone's is going to slip, well it would be those logically, but hopefully NOT. You guys are now carrying the weight of expectation and hunger for feedback from us zombies on here.
I too am October now and I was in the top 35, but thats life, I wont bother taking issue with it as getting the car in mid October or November makes little difference if we are honest, not in the UK typical autumn climate. I agree with the push back idea to Spring, but I am as sure as I can be that this will be HIGHLY discouraged by Lotus and I think they will talk about cancelling the order or going to the back of the queue, my gut instinct based on things they have said/done so far for those wanting to alter orders. They talk about "now" locked in, they talked about "now" locked in 3 months ago and have never once in the interim said "now not locked in, go ahead and change." so thats a load of so and so..
Finally, don't forget, we had previously been confirmed June Build and July Delivery via official Email and then over the phone, later I had September over the phone and email etc, so despite the negative positivity on here, I for one am at best 60% sure that they themselves are not 90% sure re their own email and that those production months are locked in granite.
There is a fair chance in my mind that it will change. If they are, and I was told they were, airfreighting parts in, then they should have the parts now over the next week or two and hence, they should be building a lot of cars in September, but that is apparently not the case. Hence in my mind the parts are not yet manufactured and hence to me there is still a risk of further delays.... but they had to write something, so they did. Lets hope its true...... and guaranteed... and not Lotus CS reliable...

At least, at least they came through with the email that I was promised via another email last week, although I was told it would probably be thursday, couldn't even get that right haha

Last edited:

MCS

Reaction score
So if your getting car literally one month later than mine you have till 19th to lock your spec yet my spec has been locked for literally months and months - thinks this stinks personally Lotus
No idea what that is about because I was asked to lock-in my spec ages ago 🤷

JohnHoward

Reaction score
I am now October production (original order 8th July 2021 for Nimbus, auto, black pack, red leather, red callipers, no tracker and no homelink). I don’t understand why Lotus are saying “As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you” Why would they effectively build in a 30 day delay once the car is in build as they originally said that payment would be due 30 days prior to delivery.

I wonder what the timeframe is for building the car (start to finish), getting Unipart to take it to Oxford for PDI and then get it on transport to your home/dealer/back to Hethell for the collection options.

If they know that they are building the car in x weeks, they could surely be a great deal more efficient and get things in motion before the car is built. More importantly from a business and cashflow point of view, you would expect that they would like to have money coming in as soon as possible.

Unless I am missing something, I think that they way they have worded the e.mail leaves the door wide open for further delays, with no further contact promised from Lotus until they actually start building your car.

I understand the reason for parts delays, but my patience is wearing thin with the very poor customer experience from Lotus. I think the only thing that Lotus has achieved for me is to slowly strangle the excitement of getting my first brand new car in 40 years.

Concrete guy

Reaction score
11th July deposit.yellow ,black, pack, v6 manual, tracker home link. November build

Attachments

• 55A088D5-7262-458E-9E93-FAA5E5FA2F06.jpeg
    55A088D5-7262-458E-9E93-FAA5E5FA2F06.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 32

Tommyboy1986

Reaction score
I am now October production (original order 8th July 2021 for Nimbus, auto, black pack, red leather, red callipers, no tracker and no homelink). I don’t understand why Lotus are saying “As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you” Why would they effectively build in a 30 day delay once the car is in build as they originally said that payment would be due 30 days prior to delivery.

I wonder what the timeframe is for building the car (start to finish), getting Unipart to take it to Oxford for PDI and then get it on transport to your home/dealer/back to Hethell for the collection options.

If they know that they are building the car in x weeks, they could surely be a great deal more efficient and get things in motion before the car is built. More importantly from a business and cashflow point of view, you would expect that they would like to have money coming in as soon as possible.

Unless I am missing something, I think that they way they have worded the e.mail leaves the door wide open for further delays, with no further contact promised from Lotus until they actually start building your car.

I understand the reason for parts delays, but my patience is wearing thin with the very poor customer experience from Lotus. I think the only thing that Lotus has achieved for me is to slowly strangle the excitement of getting my first brand new car in 40 years.
I’m thinking Late November / December delivery for mine . The email today said October build could be the last week in October will take a month to sort out all the shit no doubt then deliver end of November or Christmas .
Will be fun side ways in the snow any way 🤣🤣

Evotion

Reaction score
I have a 6 month £25k deposit on a Fezza 296GT
They asked for £20k from me. (Syntner)
Poverty spec. I liked the standard wheels and seats, added red stitching and embossed headrest, scud shields and, of course, Carbon drivers zone and came in just under my psycho target of £250k. I'd love the carbon seats. Driving it on track at Silverstone next month - wicked!!

11th July deposit.yellow ,black, pack, v6 manual, tracker home link. November build

You will at least have a bloody marvellous Xmas!!

Tonyshepp

Reaction score
Good to see the Lotus website still says Spring 2022 for deliveries.

I feel sorry for Lotus, no cash flow coming in, wages to be paid and managing the logistics of builds with different parts missing must be a nightmare.
I’m so glad they have sent me a key fob, brochure, scarf, Emira mouse Matt and mug it’s really incentivised me to stay committed.

VL3X

Reaction score
Good to see the Lotus website still says Spring 2022 for deliveries.

I feel sorry for Lotus, no cash flow coming in, wages to be paid and managing the logistics of builds with different parts missing must be a nightmare.
I’m so glad they have sent me a key fob, brochure, scarf, Emira mouse Matt and mug it’s really incentivised me to stay committed.

I'd honestly be happy to get a keychain at this point. Something.. Anything to show me I'm a valued customer.

emiraspain

Reaction score

you dont need to pay 30 days in advance of receiving the car, this has been mentioned to several of us, including myself, but its false. You would however be signing a contract 30 days before..and from then there is no turning back, but payment will be quite a bit closer, couple of weeks, to hand over.
I agree however, the email is poor and there is no common thread with CS and who ever is writing these emails... and I strongly agree, there is NO guarantee in this email when we will get our cars as I am sure they are still not that sure themselves....

ON WE GO..... the debacle continues

EspritGuy

Reaction score
Just had a chat with CS. They said "things are moving forward" and that "they are preparing to start making calls". Sounds promising guys. The only snag is the word "soon" was used quite frequently.🤔
This is a new level of nuance....... `preparing to make calls. `
A step up from the ever elasric `soon.`
Next in line is 'upcoming`

Better yet: Watch this space!

shaank

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster....

September build email arrived this morning.
Hethel Yellow, Manual, Silver wheels.

Seems to be most of batch one are delayed to Oct/Nov with a few in Sept based on what people are posting across various forums.

EspritGuy

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster....

September build email arrived this morning.
Hethel Yellow, Manual, Silver wheels.

Seems to be most of batch one are delayed to Oct/Nov with a few in Sept based on what people are posting across various forums.
Nice way to make your presence known!
Congratulations and welcome.

Nick in Sydney

Reaction score
Biggest disappointment: not one single customer production slot in August.

Only positive: Matt is on video saying that FE pricing will not change. FE could end up being a bit of a bargain.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
I've looked on autotrader for the past hour,nothing for the proce range tickles my fancy,Lotus have got us by the balls....

Boxster spyder is the only possible option,with a pushback my end to the emira delivery. The only thing I can see keeping it's value in the interim...
I've gone back to looking at McLaren 12C as either a 6-12 month play or maybe a keeper if I can hold my nerve on maintenance/extended warranty. Have hankered after one for a while. Looked early last year but very few on the market and so got the Exige instead. A friend bought a 12C Spider at the same time and loves it.

Also now looking at Esprit S4S and Evora GT410 or GT430. Nothing that interests me in the £75-100k range with Porsche, Aston, Ferrari etc.