Diaries of the first Lotus Emira picked up from Hethel - V6 FE - yellow / ice / silver / sport

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Full Milltek system with OPF bypass fitted. Quick video - full write up later tonight when I get time, plus a lot more thoughts and experiences with the car to share!

Bloody hooligan! :nod-of-approval:

BobbyG

Reaction score
I have a Hethel Yellow V6 FE 1.0 on order and will be having the Milltek exhaust with Cat delete pipe fitted by my Lotus dealer in the U.S. when the car arrives.

Any installation feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated.

OP
S

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
And here we are... at 1 year old.

I still have the Emira. It's still awesome. But not flawless. In the process of hopefully sorting out a few wee bits and I will write up some experiences, both positive and some less than ideal, in the next week or so.

Here's a video of the full Miltek system with OPF delete while driving....... LOVE IT.

Also thanks to Lotus for the Salon Prive tickets, awesome experience:

OP
S

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've been very quiet on here, with good reason unfortunately.

Since being the first to collect an Emira from Hethel, on 11th November 2022 - you can see from the above huge thread the initial issues I had. Lotus were great and did resolve all of these - however a lot of that experience was dragged out and slow.

It's away at Hethel again for the last month, and I'm getting great updates on what is being done etc, should have it back shortly with a full story and every minor quirk ironed out. Hopefully :)

Still love the car, but the issues, even the minor ones, are weighing on the ownership experience now - here's hoping Lotus make this right.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's away at Hethel again for the last month, and I'm getting great updates on what is being done etc, should have it back shortly with a full story and every minor quirk ironed out. Hopefully :)

Still love the car, but the issues, even the minor ones, are weighing on the ownership experience now - here's hoping Lotus make this right.
That sucks, sorry to hear it. You seem to have been exceptionally unlucky with your Emira, and I wonder if this was partly because yours was one of the earliest cars — you were a bit of a guinea pig for the rest of us. I feel almost guilty saying that I've had mine for about six months and not a single thing has gone wrong.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am surprised you haven’t ask lotus for a new car after all the production issues your Emira had. Hope it all works out - keep us posted on what the latest issues are!

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been very quiet on here, with good reason unfortunately.

Since being the first to collect an Emira from Hethel, on 11th November 2022 - you can see from the above huge thread the initial issues I had. Lotus were great and did resolve all of these - however a lot of that experience was dragged out and slow.

Did they give any push back with your modded exhaust or stayed professional about issues not relating to it?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am surprised you haven’t ask lotus for a new car after all the production issues your Emira had. Hope it all works out - keep us posted on what the latest issues are!
Its basically a new car with all the parts they have probably replaced. QC didnt exist then, they were just pushing the cars out. Hoping thats changed.

OP
S

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Definitely lots of new parts on it, hoping it's as good as new (or better than new for mine / as good as a new one now)

Should be a week roughly until it's completed and on it's way back to me... Updates then. Excited / apprehensive.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Definitely lots of new parts on it, hoping it's as good as new (or better than new for mine / as good as a new one now)

Should be a week roughly until it's completed and on it's way back to me... Updates then. Excited / apprehensive.
Amazing oddesey.
Hope they've extended your warranty.