0% APR finance

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those looking at financing cars in CARB states, I just secured 4.54% for 36 months at Navy Federal Credit Union. Very easy to open an account and the loan process was simple.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those looking at financing cars in CARB states, I just secured 4.54% for 36 months at Navy Federal Credit Union. Very easy to open an account and the loan process was simple.
You have to be be a former service member or have a family member that serves in the military though? It’s not open for anyone to apply

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You have to be be a former service member or have a family member that serves in the military though? It’s not open for anyone to apply
Former service also applies. My Dad was in the army in the 1960s and they accepted me with no further questions or verification.

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Former service also applies. My Dad was in the army in the 1960s and they accepted me with no further questions or verification.
That’s exactly right. Same here. My Dad was in the Air Force in the 60’s and they did not question me. There was no verification process. Sounds to me that they are happy to have new members of the Credit Union and will not make it difficult to apply.

IRN_M8DEN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s exactly right. Same here. My Dad was in the Air Force in the 60’s and they did not question me. There was no verification process. Sounds to me that they are happy to have new members of the Credit Union and will not make it difficult to apply.
On a side note, USAA offers family of service members policies for insurance. Unless your dad totals 3 cars in 5 years and gets dropped. When I called to get a quote, they said basically said, "hell nah".

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On a side note, USAA offers family of service members policies for insurance. Unless your dad totals 3 cars in 5 years and gets dropped. When I called to get a quote, they said basically said, "hell nah".
😲

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
With USAA, family members need to be the generation of the service member or later. So, spouses, kids, grandkids, etc. of a service member can join, but the parents or grandparents of a service member cannot.

With Navy Federal you can be any relation to a service member. And while the web site lists the documents they require as proof, in my experience they never asked for proof. They just took me at my word that my son was an officer in the Air Force.