• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

VroomPop

Reaction score
Same. So that means at least three of us at PP still waiting for our 3/29 to be trucked over to Bellevue. Hoping it isn’t too much longer now 🤗
RTM and Dr. JDK: I got "the call" (well, email). My car is on a truck. Probably weekend arrival. Probably next week for pickup after dealer prep. Hope you guys are on the same truck. Fingers crossed for you both! Eager to start logging those first 1000 miles!

R35_J

Reaction score
RTM and Dr. JDK: I got "the call" (well, email). My car is on a truck. Probably weekend arrival. Probably next week for pickup after dealer prep. Hope you guys are on the same truck. Fingers crossed for you both! Eager to start logging those first 1000 miles!
Which dealer?

RTM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes! Got the email too - typical, as I am away for two weeks 😂 Happy that this long journey is finally coming to an end and friends/family will finally believe in my imaginary car!!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi folks,

I note that a few VINs have been posted in this thread.

We ask that you please do not post your VIN numbers to help protect against scammers. I have edited out the ones i've found so far (please message me if I've missed any!).

Thanks for your understanding!

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what I’ve been told by a few sources and those at the factory when CARB approval came is that there was no way to deliver in proper order when approval came without hiring an army to move the cars at the back - but it should all be sorted now. There still could be inconsistency in timelines from build to delivery though as it’s unclear they can get transports at the same rate as cars being produced.
There are apparently (since Lotus hasn't provided any actual information) many factors affecting delivery order. Some dealers had cars delivered to them directly from the port whereas others, like my dealer, asked Lotus to warehouse the vehicles (in Detroit is my understanding) before CARB approval. My car arrived on a ship 12/29/23 and I still do not know when it will be delivered. My understanding is that my dealer is trying to deliver cars in reservation order, but they are understaffed for the volume of cars. This is what I've been able to piece together anyway.

I've talked to people who've received their cars from other dealers where they've seen 10 or 20 Emiras mixed together FE 1.0 and 2.0. I've met an owner of an FE 2.0 who received his Emira in early March...one of the first customer deliveries in the U.S. Another owner placed his order March 2023 at a new Lotus dealership and already took delivery of his FE 2.0 last month.

Hope all of us still waiting get some good news soon!

fnkdrspok

Reaction score
Just saw this thread, not sure of the rules, but I'm DC and I just received my Emira Monday. Also received my first Limp Mode with the Tire Traction light on, not too happy about that.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What is your dealers response when you ask when your car will be delivered?
They will only say "we will give you two weeks notice." I've explained it is a 650 mile trip that I need to plan around and with other obligations, but that is still all they will say. Thanks for asking.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi folks,

I note that a few VINs have been posted in this thread.

We ask that you please do not post your VIN numbers to help protect against scammers. I have edited out the ones i've found so far (please message me if I've missed any!).

Thanks for your understanding!
Honest question, what can a scammer do with a VIN? I always see people blur out their plates in photos and I never understood that either. Here in the US no one outside of law enforcement can do anything with a plate number. We all drive with them on display for the public to see everyday anyways (same with VIN to an extent) but people are somehow afraid of them being anonymously posted on forums. Maybe I'm missing something, but I always took that as an urban myth.