• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lightweight battery

hellasf1

Reaction score
I got this one. 50% increase in capacity.

How do you like it? I will most likely do the JUBU 440, any issues with running this battery with aftermarket tune?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But according to the manual, it's a 70AH battery in the car now.
A 40AH lithium battery is roughly the same usable capacity as an 80AH lead acid/AGM battery, so it should be more than enough.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An amp hour (AH) just means how much power the battery can deliver in one hour before being completely drained. It would matter if you have accessories that are steadily drawing power, like an alarm system, etc., and are concerned how long the battery would be able to power them. Most of those types of things are drawing milliamps, which is thousandths of an amp. If you put your battery on a trickle charger each night, they're running off the charger anyways. If you're leaving your car for weeks without starting it or being on a trickle charger, you might have problems starting because there might not be enough amperage to start it.

The only real concern is having enough power to start the car. Once the engine is running, it's charging the battery anyways. The amp hours would determine how long you can go without starting it before you'd have a problem.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A 40AH lithium battery is roughly the same usable capacity as an 80AH lead acid/AGM battery, so it should be more than enough.
Ah thanks. but how able if you want to be able to store the car longer without using a trickle?

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An amp hour (AH) just means how much power the battery can deliver in one hour before being completely drained. It would matter if you have accessories that are steadily drawing power, like an alarm system, etc., and are concerned how long the battery would be able to power them. Most of those types of things are drawing milliamps, which is thousandths of an amp. If you put your battery on a trickle charger each night, they're running off the charger anyways. If you're leaving your car for weeks without starting it or being on a trickle charger, you might have problems starting because there might not be enough amperage to start it.

The only real concern is having enough power to start the car. Once the engine is running, it's charging the battery anyways. The amp hours would determine how long you can go without starting it before you'd have a problem.

Yea but I thought part of the reason for this thread is not only the weight saving but to be able to store the car longer then 2 weeks without using a trickle.

hellasf1

Reaction score

Wouldn’t the restart capabilities in these batteries solve that issue?

Most people will use trickle charger when not in use, including myself.

So either the 40 or 60 would work for the EMIRA? It’s only a 3 lbs difference between the 2

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yea but I thought part of the reason for this thread is not only the weight saving but to be able to store the car longer then 2 weeks without using a trickle.
Depends on what you've got using the power. If you have a dash/security camera for example, that's going to drain the battery faster than if you just have it parked without anything extra pulling power. Amp hour capacity is going to depend on what you're going to need and how long of an interval between when you start the car.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

So either the 40 or 60 would work for the EMIRA? It’s only a 3 lbs difference between the 2
Yep. I bought the 40AH one.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Depend on your parking situation. The reason I'm caring for a new 718S is that my friend have to work overseas for the next few months but the secure parking for his highend apartment have no AC outlet near his space.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Swapped in my Antigravity battery today with only 54 miles on the odometer. It was easier than expected, taking about 20 minutes. I also added their "battery tracker plus" bluetooth module that's fun/helpful for data nerds. It graphs your voltage, cranking amps, temp, GPS if you forget where you park your car, etc.

My Emira is now ~30lbs lighter and my wallet $880 lighter :ROFLMAO: but I feel good knowing this will perform much more reliably than the OEM battery and probably last 10 years or more. Plus it has a reserve jump start capability which is huge if I forget to unplug my dash cam with parking mode running for a few days.

IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6340.JPG

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Swapped in my Antigravity battery today with only 54 miles on the odometer. It was easier than expected, taking about 20 minutes. I also added their "battery tracker plus" bluetooth module that's fun/helpful for data nerds. It graphs your voltage, cranking amps, temp, GPS if you forget where you park your car, etc.

My Emira is now ~30lbs lighter and my wallet $880 lighter :ROFLMAO: but I feel good knowing this will perform much more reliably than the OEM battery and probably last 10 years or more. Plus it has a reserve jump start capability which is huge if I forget to unplug my dash cam with parking mode running for a few days.

View attachment 43008

View attachment 43009
Very cool. FYI - For the little black plastic cover, you can trim ever so slightly to fit the pig tails of the tracker etc.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 43008

View attachment 43009

That’s excellent, but also extremely annoying as it doesn’t seem we can get these batteries in Australia.

If we could I’d order one tomorrow.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s excellent, but also extremely annoying as it doesn’t seem we can get these batteries in Australia.

If we could I’d order one tomorrow.
I guarantee there is an equivalent of some kind. This style of battery is super popular at the moment.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took the time to get my LiOn Antigravity battery installed. You don't appreciate how light it is until you have to lift out the factory battery. Weighed both. The factory battery weighs 42 lbs. 6.8 oz. The 40Ah Antigravity weighs 13 lbs. 1 oz. About 29 1/2 lbs lighter.

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took the time to get my LiOn Antigravity battery installed. You don't appreciate how light it is until you have to lift out the factory battery. Weighed both. The factory battery weighs 42 lbs. 6.8 oz. The 40Ah Antigravity weighs 13 lbs. 1 oz. About 29 1/2 lbs lighter.

View attachment 43159

View attachment 43160
Are these direct fit replacements? I could stand to lose 30 lbs on a diet, but this would be faster.

Reactions: ADC

hellasf1

Reaction score

View attachment 43159

View attachment 43160
Is this the 40 or 60 you went with?