• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Will relay how much oil change cost.

What was wrong with it ?
HVAC fan resistor failed due to water exposure. A known issue. They replaced the resister and put more water diverting plastic under the front hood. So far so good, but I still put a towel between the windshield and front hood when I wash the car.

These oil change prices are a real bummer. I would expect a higher cost than a Toyota but these numbers are all flirting with 4 digits and that's just greedy. I guess the silver lining is that its a great excuse to buy some new tools.

I agree. With a lift, getting the rear tray off is very easy and the rest of the process is very simple. MB charges about 300 for an oil change service "A" so I guess I would be okay with that. 700 is just absurd.

Oil changes are pretty easy on these cars and it's all Toyota parts and synthetic oil. No reason a dealer should charge any more than $150.
Yup. Take it to a Toyota dealer and tell them you will pay them double what it costs for an oil change on a Camry.

Oil changes are pretty easy on these cars and it's all Toyota parts and synthetic oil. No reason a dealer should charge any more than $150.
Yup. Take it to a Toyota dealer and tell them you will pay them double what it costs for an oil change on a Camry.
Do you want a Toyota dealer removing and re-installing the floor trays? I don't. If you don't want to pay a Lotus dealer, then at least take it to a high-quality independent mechanic. BTW, I bet the $600 quote is for a full service, not just an oil change. For example, you're not going to get software updates from the Toyota dealer.

As a fellow Denver person that's a bit high but way more reasonable than $800.

As a fellow Denver person that's a bit high but way more reasonable than $800.
It seems that's why they're pricing it at $300 (or $250). The feedback from customers is that it's a lot cheaper than what they used to charge when they were next to Ferrari.