• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Sports Car Shootout: Lotus Emira Vs. Porsche Cayman GT4

As far as I can tell, being quite into 718's, the Order of cars being wonderful to drive is this:

Lotus Emira v6 manual gearbox
Porsche Boxster T manual gearbox
Porsche Cayman S 718 manual gearbox or PDK and all performance chassis options checked
Porsche 4.0 GTS either version with manual gearbox
Base porsche 718

The GT4 is somewhere in that mix but not a reasonable daily car, and the Spyder is better than all of these.

I would place the GTS 4.0 much lower than a Emira, and the GT4 probably is the better comparison. 4.0L was not meant for the chassis of a standard Boxster or Cayman chassis and aero and tire/wheel setup. 2.5L is the sweet spot for power, 2.0 for levity and B roads with T package.
Here in Canada, the emira is more expensive than a GT4 lol. 116k GT4, 120k Emira

Why compare the Emira with the Porsche GT4, when the Emira is attainable to anyone and everyone who has the financial means, where the GT4 is attainable only to the privileged few???
I also have experience that the Cayman 4.0 GTS is also only for the privileged, at least at the dealerships I contacted.
I agree with you, the manual is the more fun, engaging and involving car to drive of each model.😉
you make a solid point if you intended to or not.

The Emira will be the best possible fastest mid engine car that is attainable financially. That is something to think about. Otherwise it is the 718 porsche boxster T or cayman T. However, the Boxster T i have on long wait order is only a contender for both beauty and special-ness if i option it to 94,000 dollars. Then it becomes better by far than a 4.0 GTS in terms of experience. I think all of us at this level should be buying experiences and fulfilling our unique and mature peculiar desires for beauty and precision.

Why compare Emira with GT4 when there is GTS 4.0 - which is road car first and same price as Emira V6 FE. I got GTS 4.0 last year for my wife and it was €100 k. I ordered myself V6 FE for road driving (have Exige for track) and its roughly the same €100 k., while GT4 is track car first and costs €120 k. Prices probably vary by market, but I guess GT4 is more expensive everywhere and it has different focus compared to Emira.
I owned a 997 gen 2 911 GTS for nearly 8 years and sold it at a profit. Loved it to bits. full aero kit on it too. sold it at begining of lockdown with 19k on clock. Boastful but I reckon probs the best example in the country given how rare it was with these options. that sale is funding my EMIRA purchase. time for new memories before batteries spoil it for everyone.