• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus of Washington, DC cancels driving event

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had my second test drive at lotus Dc today. Drove the Nimbus touring in December and the Magma sports today. I have a deposit down for the I4 but love the connection with the manual in the v6. All first edition v6 are sold but I asked if someone cancels call me. I still believe in the I4. Magma looks better in person and the car is still the best looking for the price. Harry was right in that the touring soaks up the road imperfections better but the sport cornered better and stayed flat in turns. If you live in an area with good roads get the sports. Both suspensions are great. The touring was smoother over bumps but had a little more body roll.
IMG_5421.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4825.jpeg
    IMG_4825.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 33

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am traveling to DC in about 10 days. Few questions:

1. Does this dealership have Magma and a Nimbus?

2. Are these demo cars available long term at this dealership, or are they going to some other dealership soon?

3. Are test drives for deposit holders only?

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am traveling to DC in about 10 days. Few questions:

1. Does this dealership have Magma and a Nimbus?

2. Are these demo cars available long term at this dealership, or are they going to some other dealership soon?

3. Are test drives for deposit holders only?
1. They will have the magma ( sport suspension) until July 9th. The nimbus (touring) was there in December.
2. They are demos moving around the country.
3. No. Anyone with a valid license can drive one.

modena2904

Reaction score
I test drove the Nimbus touring tester in December, and I drove the Magma sports on Friday. I agree with MajHall04, the sports suspension did not do well with severe road imperfections. Pulling out of the dealership location on the test drive, there was a short stretch of washboard ripples, and the sports-suspension car rattled a lot and had some noticeable cowl shake over that section. I didn't notice any such thing with the touring car back in December. However the rest of the test-drive route was over generally smooth pavement, and that was all fine. It seemed more responsive to steering inputs and generally faster in the turns. But some of that may have been due to the tire difference as well, so who knows. I was hoping to come out of this test drive with a final decision on suspension, but I'm still torn...

- Eric

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I test drove the Nimbus touring tester in December, and I drove the Magma sports on Friday. I agree with MajHall04, the sports suspension did not do well with severe road imperfections. Pulling out of the dealership location on the test drive, there was a short stretch of washboard ripples, and the sports-suspension car rattled a lot and had some noticeable cowl shake over that section. I didn't notice any such thing with the touring car back in December. However the rest of the test-drive route was over generally smooth pavement, and that was all fine. It seemed more responsive to steering inputs and generally faster in the turns. But some of that may have been due to the tire difference as well, so who knows. I was hoping to come out of this test drive with a final decision on suspension, but I'm still torn...

- Eric
I’m still torn also. When I drove the touring I was perfectly content with it. After driving the sports I loved the steering and less body roll. This will be my weekend toy so I may just get the sport.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
DC area roads are not well maintained. GW parkway is a prime example. That road has patches on patches on patches, plus the occasional sinkhole. The roads in Fairfax county is in a perpetual state of construction. It will have to be touring for me.