• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Misha taking the Komotec car around the ring. Not a "review" of the car so much as reaction to this komotec upgraded car vs. the touring car that Misha originally drove and thought was too soft for the Nordschleife. Also hampered by dampness but still a good watch.
Pretty solid endorsement from him 👍

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This video came up on my feed. What a joke of a video. The comments are not kind...

Wow.

“Ocean Beach” and ”O’Neill” had on full display to the world, with spotlights, the epic depths of their ignorance. Mistaking an Evora test drive with test driving an Emira, and saying, “they look exactly the same,” is unforgivable. Proclaiming, “it’s a Lotus,” (like that was supposed to make him sound knowledgeable), being able to rattle off the backronym for LOTUS, and stating, “it’s just a car with a Toyota engine,” as an obvious attempt to sound like an authority on cars, had the complete opposite effect. Those two lost all credibility 4-1/2 minutes into the video.

The other guy with black cap/white lettering and glasses had a decent take and respectful opinion, because he actually drove an Emira. Those other two, what ignoramouses.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure that's happening, they indicated in throttle house club they probably weren't going to.
Well that's a bummer. I was looking forward to their participation in the forum. They're some of the better review channels in my opinion.

How's yours coming along? Any news?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
lol... this is exactly how my collection went today. I struggled to put coherent sentences together as I looked around the car, and still can't come to grips that the one on the driveway is mine 😀
When I first told my wife I was putting down a deposit back in July 2021, she was "that's nice". I might as well have told her I was buying a new lawnmower for all the excitement and interest she showed.

When the car was delivered 2 weeks ago, she was stunned. She was like "Oh my GOD! This thing is gorgeous! You didn't tell me it looked like this!" (I did lol but she didn't remember). "Your car" suddenly became a "we" car. We have to protect this! We can't leave it anywhere! We have to get an alarm! and so on lol. It was very cute to watch her sudden change in protectiveness.

It's an amazing car. I do the same thing; just stare at it in my garage, thinking "I can't believe it's actually here, and it's mine". After watching umpteen videos, when I'm sitting inside it seems almost surreal that I'm sitting in an Emira with a tan interior, and it's mine!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well that's a bummer. I was looking forward to their participation in the forum. They're some of the better review channels in my opinion.

How's yours coming along? Any news?

There’s still a chance they’re being secretive about it but I asked them a couple times and they were learning no.

Mine is nowhere to be seen — just one big waiting game, pretty sure ours arrived on the same boat.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did they say why?

The rationale I remember was they were going to use it specifically for track time comparisons on a regular basis as a company expense not a personal car. But the delays and the price made them consider a different project. No clue where they are now but recently they did go to the Lotus dealership and are hush hush about it so there’s some hope.